Classes end in two weeks for me, which is so exciting. I can't wait for summer and the chance to read all of the books. May, you better be good to me.
- Sugar Daddy by Sawyer Bennett - 2 stars
- Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan - 5 stars
- American Indian Stories, Legends, and Other Writings by Zitkala-Sa
- Emma by Jane Austen
- The Scorpion Rules by Erin Bow - 3 stars
- Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson - 4 stars
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell - 5 stars
- Under Locke by Mariana Zapata - 4 stars
- The Problem with Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout - 5 stars
- Instead of reviewing several of the books that I recently read, I shared a more casual discussion post on them. This post also had a bit of rant on life and just acted as a come back to blogging.
- I recommended some light reads for spring, so these books are perfect for a read outside on a nice sunny day. It was mainly inspired by Hermione Granger; I went a bit gif over board.
- I am definitely enjoying more discussion style, list like, posts instead of doing straight forward reviews. Not saying that I won't be reviewing anymore, because I totally will, but I am enjoying doing some recommendation posts. I shared a list of great LGBTQ YA reads that I think are worth checking out.
- With spring weather upon us, I really just want to be outside with a book. This got me thinking of where do I spend most of my time reading. It is always interesting to think about, "where do I read?"
- 2016 has felt like a giant blogging slump for me, except for this past week which has been pretty great, and that got me thinking about why I've been slumping, why I have been in a reading slump, and some of my other musings about the blogging community as a whole.
- I went to BEA last year and it was amazing. Since BEA isn't in NY this year, I have been looking for other summer events in the city to fill my fix. I shared a list of all of the signings and events that I plan on attending this summer.
Nerd Lexicon Posts:
- New Doctor Who Companion
- Wizard World Comic Con - The Doctors Event Recap - I was in the same room as David Tennant and Matt Smith.
- Fear the Walking Dead 2x01 Review, 2x02
- Wynonna Earp Pilot Review
- The Walking Dead Finale Review
- Orphan Black is back this month. I am as in love with this show and Tatiana Maslany as ever before. Helena is still my favorite clone and seeing her with babies is the best thing ever.
- Game of Thrones came back and I am so stoked for this new season.
- I am still a faithful watcher of The 100 but this shit is getting on my nerves big time.
- I rewatched The Force Awakens this month. I knew that the SCENE was coming up and I still gasped.
- I went to see The Jungle Book with my Mom and my nephew. I wasn't too into seeing it. I am a huge Disney fan, but this was never a favorite movie of mine. I have to say that I was crying many times. My nephew made fun of me after.
How was your month? Do you do a recap post? I would love to read it and know what your favorite part of April was?